Senior Staff Platform Engineer
This position can be located in Toronto, New York City, San Francisco, Miami, or Remote in the United States.
The Platform Engineering team at Ripple is a multi-functional Software Engineering and Operations team with involvement at all phases of our application and service release lifecycle that embraces the DevOps and GitOps principles of collaboration and integration.
As a Senior Staff Platform Engineer, you will design and implement the production services, applications, and platform components that comprise our backend.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Partner with Operations and Engineering teams in building a scalable and high-performance platform-as-a-service and internal management tools
- Build tools for automation, monitoring, and instrumentation to reduce operational friction and increase engineering efficiency
- Create solutions for unique technical challenges faced by Ripple involving PKI, secret management, geographic failover, data replication, availability, and platform resiliency
- Create and automate new and existing platform and application lifecycle services, while using data to converge on declared states with minimal human interaction
- Encourage the team to experiment and evolve through researching
- Research new tools and technologies
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field
- Experience in software development with Golang, Python, or Java
- Ability to design and operate large-scale, multi-region service platforms with emphasis on security)
- Extensive experience working with cloud infrastructures: AWS, GCP
- Experience with container schedulers and runtimes: Docker, or OCI running on Kubernetes, Rancher, or Mesos
- Experience with service mesh: Istio, Linkerd, etc.
- Experience in designing and building deployment pipelines using common CI/CD tools
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-Code: Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.
- Experience with autoscaling, multi-cluster and Multi-AZ redundancy, log and application tracing (Jaeger, ELK, etc.)
- A desire to get the best out of each individual on your team while building an inclusive environment that celebrates differences
- Excellent organizational skills required to adapt to a constantly changing technical environment
- Have excellent communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in Bangalore, Dubai, Dublin, London, Miami, Mumbai, New York, Reykjavík, San Francisco, São Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney, Toronto, and Washington, D.C.
WHAT WE OFFER – The resources and support to be your best at work and beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.