Senior Software Engineer, Data (Liquidity)
This position can be based in Toronto, New York City, or Miami.
Ripple’s mission is to enable payments every way, everywhere for everyone. We believe connecting traditional financial entities like banks, payment providers and corporations with emerging blockchain technologies and users is the path to an open, decentralized, and more inclusive financial future. This Internet of Value gives any internet-enabled person, application or device access to financial services that are transparent, fast, reliable, and cheap. Delivering this vision is a challenge of massive scale spanning $155 trillion in annual cross border fiat payments and the $1.5 trillion market of digital assets that has grown 10X in the last year.
We are looking for an experienced data-focused software engineer to join a growing team charged with determining and delivering optimal liquidity for every customer in the world in a cost-effective, robust and scalable manner. You will work closely with applied scientists, backend engineers, and quant developers to build robust data solutions that power our liquidity services at scale. You will be a data engineering expert within an applied science organization, establishing best practices that level-up teammates with different areas of expertise. As a member of a new initiative, you must be passionate about inventing and delivering customer-focused solutions to ambitious and ambiguous challenges.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Be an entrepreneurial builder, working across a variety of cloud services mixing data engineering, software engineering, and knowledge of machine learning deployments to jumpstart this new initiative.
- Develop foundational low-latency ETL pipelines to power real-time machine learning use cases and generalize them to enable their use program-wide
- Provide technical leadership for the data architecture that powers high-throughput, low-latency (micro)services that drive optimized decision-making at scale.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle by realizing that data powers everything - from product requirements, to design decisions, and delivery on operational excellence.
- Work with teams across the organization, including product, design, marketing, integrations, ops, customer success, legal and more.
- Own your solution, from design to productionization, ensuring the best experience for Ripple’s customers in how they interact with your solutions.
- Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing and driving best practices for coding, testing, and deployment.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 5-8 years of hands-on Data Platform experience on large scale distributed systems, preferably distributed database systems
- Experience building and deploying data solutions into modern distributed computing environments such as Kubernetes and in cloud environments such as GCP, AWS, etc.
- Experience leveraging data warehouse architecture to optimize the way customer-facing problems are solved
- Experience in managing data pipelines from transactional systems (preferably in finance / banking / e-commerce domains) into scalable data stores and other cloud data services that manage large, structured event data sources such as tick data
- Experience building data pipelines for machine learning systems a plus
- Strong SQL knowledge, backed by expertise with data structures, along with best practices on data integrity and change management
- Experience with Agile development of distributed services, with a focus on robust data system design, scalability and security
- Eagerness to work openly and collaboratively with a diverse team
- Ability to encourage and drive engineering best practices
- A positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge
- BS in Computer Science or similar
For positions that will be based in NYC, the annual salary range for this position is $136,618 - $170,773. Actual salaries may vary based on numerous factors including, among other things, an individual applicant’s experience and qualifications for the position.
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in Bangalore, Dubai, Dublin, London, Miami, Mumbai, New York, Reykjavík, San Francisco, São Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney, Toronto, and Washington, D.C.
WHAT WE OFFER – The resources and support to be your best at work and beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.