Senior Director (Smart Order Routing/Trading Systems)
We are looking for a Director in Engineering to lead our teams charged with determining and delivering optimal liquidity for every customer in the world in a cost-effective, robust and scalable manner.
You will mentor, lead and grow the team of Applied Scientists, Engineers, and Technical Program Managers building our liquidity and trading platforms that power Ripple’s payments and crypto liquidity products. From forecasting supply and demand, to optimizing routing across traditional and digital assets and venues, to enabling price discovery for the long-tail of crypto assets and tokens, to building a globally distributed, highly performant trading platform—the team leverages cutting-edge ML and engineering techniques to dramatically simplify access to liquidity.
Ideal candidates will have a track record of leadership and technical excellence in designing and delivering reliable global-scale solutions. You will be a hands-on leader, diving deep to set the right goals, set technical direction and deliver results in an incremental manner without sacrificing a long-term vision. You must be passionate about inventing and delivering customer-focused solutions to ambitious and ambiguous challenges.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Provide technical and scientific leadership for our forecasting, planning, routing, risk management, execution and experimentation systems that scalably and reliably deliver best-in-class liquidity to our customers.
- Own and deliver your roadmap while driving technical and operational excellence across our engineering and machine learning systems
- Be a program owner, responsible for business outcomes and technological innovation
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team, both your direct reports and the broader org
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s inventions and processes, so we can rapidly deliver innovations for customers
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Degree in computer science or other quantitative field; masters or PhD preferred
- Demonstrated ability in software development
- Experience building, growing, and leading hard-working engineering teams.
- Experience delivering complex, real-time internet-scale systems involving machine learning and AI; preferred if in finance or trading domains
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated through experience working with technical and non-technical teams
- Grow with autonomy and responsibility.
- Track record of recruiting and mentoring world-class teams
For positions that will be based in NYC, the annual salary range for this position is $234,080 - $292,600. Actual salaries may vary based on numerous factors including, among other things, an individual applicant’s experience and qualifications for the position.
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in Bangalore, Dubai, Dublin, London, Miami, Mumbai, New York, Reykjavík, San Francisco, São Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney, Toronto, and Washington, D.C.
WHAT WE OFFER – The resources and support to be your best at work and beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.