Product Management Intern (Summer 2023)
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets.
We are seeking multiple product management interns to help drive new and existing products within Ripple’s various platforms including RippleX for the liquidity pillar, RippleNet Payments and Liquidity Hub. PM interns will be responsible for supporting and driving cross-functional initiatives spanning product development, strategy and partnerships supporting Ripple’s platforms. Product Management interns will play a role in creating a strategy for markets and products which enable growth of Ripple’s products and services.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Product Managers at Ripple have a variety of responsibilities and thus skill sets. You may be involved in
- Develop a deep understanding of the DeFi market in terms of protocols, key players, advantages, and areas for improvement
- Identify customer desires and pain-points in order to prioritize new features that will improve customer experience
- Validate new feature ideas through extensive desktop research, customer interviews, and testing
- Collaborate with engineering in the scrum process to ensure efficient development and ship cycles
- Gather and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to develop strategic and tactical product opportunities while understanding customer needs on the RippleNet payment initiation.
- Conceptualize, communicate and test value propositions to delight users on RippleNet. Validate early concepts and prototypes with internal stakeholders and customers.
- Outline a summer product roadmap in partnership with engineering and design.
- Liquidity Hub
- Collecting, quantifying & prioritizing product-related opportunities to be considered by product and engineering in future development. Upleveling the understanding of how Liquidity Hub is used in the real world.
- Analyzing the competitive landscape for key features and defining a customer experience and roadmap needed to delight customers
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program, STEM or finance-related field preferred, MBA/Master’s preferred
- Demonstrated interest and/or passion in working in payments, financial technology, blockchain
- Technical proficiency: Knowledge or exposure to full-stack products and communicate their value, exposure to Agile Development/Scrum is plus
- Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills
- Business sense: understand business concepts and issues, apply skills to address key business challenges, speak with confidence with people in business roles, and act with conviction to make decisions and tradeoffs
- Someone who thrives in a collaborative environment with cross-functional stakeholders
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- Prior relevant experience with PM’s or product org supporting, launching or building impactful products and/or initiatives
WHAT WE OFFER INTERNS:
We’re looking to increase what we already offer, but you can expect
- Competitive regional hourly pay
- 1:1 Mentoring
- Dedicated "buddy"- we'll partner you with someone at Ripple who will act as friend, advocate, liason, guide and so much more!
- Social and professional development events (In-person and virtual)
- Ripple offers lunches twice a week for non-remote employees
- On that note, Ripple has a very flexible remote policy - You get the choice of where you work from.
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Design laptop, software and headphones (on loan)
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.