Software Engineer Intern, Crypto Compliance & Risk (Summer 2023)
Software Engineer Intern, Crypto Compliance & Finance
Ripple is the world’s only enterprise blockchain solution for global payments. Today the world sends more than $155 trillion across borders. Yet, the underlying infrastructure is dated and flawed. Ripple connects banks, payment providers, corporates and digital asset exchanges via RippleNet to provide one frictionless experience to send money globally.
The Software Engineering Intern will help build the next generation of payment/crypto compliance, financial accounting, risk monitoring services to support a global payments business. Payments using crypto requires innovative solutions to emerging business needs in this advancing field. This role provides opportunities to think out-of-the box to solve traditional and non-traditional problems.
During this internship, you and your paired mentor will tackle technical challenges and projects in one of the team’s focus areas. The candidate should be a fast learner and enjoy working openly and collaboratively with a diverse team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work with your mentor, and overall engineering team to build features and tools to deliver business solutions.
- Participate in the full software development life cycle, from software design and requirements gathering to the unit and integration testing
- Collaborate with product engineering to ensure code is production-ready
- Participate in the adoption of CI/CD principles within the organization
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate, graduate program, preferably in a computer science or related field
- Excellent debugging, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Coursework or previous intern experience with software engineering, ideally involving programming, automation or custom tools.
WHAT WE OFFER INTERNS:
We’re looking to increase what we already offer, but you can expect
- Competitive regional hourly pay
- 1:1 Mentoring
- Dedicated "buddy"- we'll partner you with someone at Ripple who will act as friend, advocate, liason, guide and so much more!
- Social and professional development events (In-person and virtual)
- Ripple offers lunches twice a week for non-remote employees
- On that note, Ripple has a very flexible remote policy - You get the choice of where you work from.
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Design laptop, software and headphones (on loan)
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in Bangalore, Dubai, Dublin, London, Miami, Mumbai, New York, Reykjavík, San Francisco, São Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney, Toronto, and Washington, D.C.
WHAT WE OFFER – The resources and support to be your best at work and beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.