Develop quantitative techniques to inform financial institutions engaged in payments and investment processes using Ripple’s product portfolio. Develop sophisticated methods for financial analysis to create advanced financial payments instruments. Maintain and modify Ripple’s financial analytic tools and models as necessary. Create and test new analytics software to ensure compliance with user requirements and specifications. Collaborate with product development teams to research, model, and implement quantitative structured solutions for new and expanded markets. Define features and capabilities, write test plans, and create feature specifications for day-to-day development. Research new financial products and analytics to determine their usefulness and applicability. Communicate product releases to senior management, sales, delivery, business marketing, and operations stakeholders. Identify, track, and maintain financial metrics for Ripple’s payments system operations. Communicate functionality and user needs to engineering teams based on feedback from partner interactions. Telecommuting permitted 50% or more but less than 100% per week within same geographic location as assigned office location.
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Financial Engineering, Finance, or a related field plus five (5) years of post-baccalaureate progressive experience in developing quantitative techniques and sophisticated methods for financial analysis; or a Master’s degree in Financial Engineering, Finance, or a related field plus three (3) years of experience in developing quantitative techniques and sophisticated methods for financial analysis.
Of the required experience, must have three (3) years of experience in each of the following (which may be gained concurrently):
- Agile product development
- Payment technologies, including software for messaging and settlement
- Improving performance and experience by leveraging Data Dog, Sumo, Tableau and Salesforce technologies
- Cross-functional leadership, including coaching and mentoring peers, driving program-level improvements to existing software, and reporting analytics
- Turning business needs into technical requirements and vice versa
- Writing product requirement documentation to specify what needs to be built for the product
- Outlining API (application programming interface) workflows
For positions that will be based in CA, the annual salary for this position is $180,000. Actual salaries may vary based on numerous factors including, among other things, an individual applicant’s experience and qualifications for the position.
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in Bangalore, Dubai, Dublin, London, Miami, Mumbai, New York, Reykjavík, San Francisco, São Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney, Toronto, and Washington, D.C.
WHAT WE OFFER – The resources and support to be your best at work and beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.