Senior Software Engineering Manager
Plan, direct, and coordinate Ripple computer engineering activities and operations. Manage and develop high performing engineering teams through hiring, retaining, mentoring, and continually building the teams’ skills and capabilities. Oversee the software development lifecycle, and plan and direct engineering strategy while balancing both short and long term needs. Drive product and team objectives, and facilitate the decision-making of engineering teams and of relevant stakeholders. Review project plans, coordinate activity, and implement engineering systems. Deliver results for our customers and act as a role model for other engineers. Stay abreast of advances in technology to determine engineering best practices, and promote them within teams and within the organization. Continuously raise Ripple's standard of engineering excellence by implementing and driving best practices for coding, testing, and deployment. Foster a culture of collaboration, innovation, and data-driven decisions on engineering teams. Create shared vision and build and maintain partnerships with Product Management, Ops, Security, Research, Customer Success and Business development teams. Responsible for software development life cycle. Telecommuting permitted 50% or more but less than 100% per week within same geographic location as assigned office location.
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field plus 8 years of hands-on software development experience, of which at least 5 must be progressive, post-baccalaureate experience.
Of the required experience, must have 8 years of experience in each of the following (which may be gained concurrently): coding/code reviews, building highly scalable APIs, backend platforms, distributed systems, data access layers, Agile development, and building full stack transactional systems.
Of the required experience, must have 5 years of experience in each of the following (which may be gained concurrently): management of engineering teams, recruiting software engineers, developing career plans for software engineers, creating multi-year roadmaps for software engineering teams, and managing large scale software projects involving multiple teams.
For positions that will be based in CA, the annual salary for this position is $248,768. Actual salaries may vary based on numerous factors including, among other things, an individual applicant’s experience and qualifications for the position.
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in Bangalore, Dubai, Dublin, London, Miami, Mumbai, New York, Reykjavík, San Francisco, São Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney, Toronto, and Washington, D.C.
WHAT WE OFFER – The resources and support to be your best at work and beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.