Senior Payment Operations Specialist
Provide service and support for our financial institution customers using Ripple’s software to make payments. Directly work with our customers and coordinate with Ripple’s Product and Engineering teams to troubleshoot, replicate, and resolve issues to our customers satisfaction. Analyze and resolve challenging payment issues, and investigate and identify root causes at the product, data, and systems level keeping key stakeholders informed and up to date on the situation. Drive payment success, ensuring a high rate of STP with minimal manual intervention and investigation rates. Engage all levels of the Ripple organization as appropriate from Technical Services, Account Management, Product, Engineering, and our Leadership team to own and drive customer issues to resolution. Provide production support and oversight arrangements for Ripple customers. Enhance and adhere to operational procedures and policies for mission-critical production support, and continually review & improve on these on an on-going basis. Investigate and resolve payment investigation issues, exception reports, settlement break/fails and account reconciliations. Use tools and scripts to help analyze product, database, and network log files and narrow the cause of issues. Monitor systems and processes that keep customers informed. Work with engineering & product to fix issues. Assist in QA and validation of releases against known customer environments and configurations. Communicate customer’s requirements & desires back to Product Development & Engineering to influence Product Functionality & Roadmap. Participate in out-of-hours customer production support. Telecommuting permitted 50% or more but less than 100% per week within same geographic location as assigned office location.
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Finance, Economics or a related field plus five (5) years of experience in implementing or supporting transaction processing systems that support cash management, payments, or trade finance products in complex technical environments.
Of the required experience, must have five (5) years of experience in each of the following (which may be gained concurrently):
- Payments and funds trade execution and settlement systems, as well as wire transfers capabilities (domestic and international);
- Middle-back office payments operations or corporate treasury processes; and
- Bookkeeping and accounting systems for the payments industry.
Of the required experience, must have five (5) years of experience in at least two (2) of the following (which may be gained concurrently):
- Experience training/coaching junior team members;
- Testing tools & technologies;
- Test Harnesses, Blockchain technologies, and Digital Assets;
- Zendesk, Jira, and Confluence; and
- Test and defect management tools and processes.
For positions that will be based in CA, the annual salary for this position is $135,000. Actual salaries may vary based on numerous factors including, among other things, an individual applicant’s experience and qualifications for the position.
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in Bangalore, Dubai, Dublin, London, Miami, Mumbai, New York, Reykjavík, San Francisco, São Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney, Toronto, and Washington, D.C.
WHAT WE OFFER – The resources and support to be your best at work and beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.