Vendor Risk & Compliance Manager
Please note this is for London, UK. You only need to apply to one location if there are multiple listed for the job.
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Ripple is seeking to hire an experienced Manager to support the day-to-day operations of the Vendor Risk Management Program. This position reports to the Senior Manager, General Compliance and will be an individual contributor.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage the Vendor Risk Management Program and work with global compliance leads to execute and maintain program requirements.
- Review vendor onboarding requests and conduct initial due diligence, including the review of contracts, to determine a vendor’s overall risk profile.
- Work cross functionally (Product, Engineering, Customer Success, Finance, People Operations, Legal) to support teams in understanding vendor risks, performing due diligence, and conducting ongoing monitoring of the vendor’s performance through the vendor’s lifecycle.
- Perform annual testing of program controls, recommend and implement solutions for identified areas of improvement.
- Review, update and improve current policy and procedures to ensure compliance with internal and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Conduct training for the workforce and department champions to drive compliant behavior.
- Maintain and analyze vendor metrics to proactively identify risks and trends.
- Support and maintain the vendor onboarding tool.
- Prepare ad-hoc and quarterly reports, presentation slides, and program material for employees, subsidiaries and senior leadership.
- Assist as needed in other areas of General Compliance that may include, Ripple's Business Continuity Program, Conflicts of Interest, Reporting Hotline.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree from an accredited university or college
- 6+ years of work experience, with 4+ years related to vendor management
- Strong knowledge of business processes, internal control structures, and risk management
- Strong communication (presentation, writing, speaking) and interpersonal skills, with an attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
- Experience in project management and developing process maps and tools for effective compliance monitoring
- Comfortable executing independently in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
Other common names for this role:
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.