Product Manager, Blockchain Data
Please note this is for Toronto, Canada. You only need to apply to one location if there are multiple listed for the job.
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
We’re looking for a Product Manager who is passionate about building data products and services. As a Data Product Manager, you will be responsible for creating data infrastructure, tools, and services to enable the RippleX team to measure utility and economy of XRP Ledger, an open decentralized blockchain. Additionally, you will identify, prioritize, and build out use cases for developer-facing data products to enable XRP Ledger community to access ledger data and insights. This role is technical and detailed and at the same time imaginative and creative.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Engage with users to identify and generate use-cases for new data products (lakes, marts, APIs, etc..)
- Understand XRP Ledger use cases for the data infrastructure and translate those into tangible requirements
- Write product requirements focused on data API and services feature development
- Define data flows and contracts from producer through to end-usage
- Work closely with the business and product teams to ensure data products are meeting the business and community needs
- Establish product KPIs and quality metrics; monitor, track and implement improvements as needed
- Intake, prioritization and backlog management across multiple products and stakeholders
- Build and manage data roadmap and operational plans for RippleX data organization
- Work closely with the data engineering team to ensure requirements are understood and aligned with the overall architecture and engineering principals
- Drive thought leadership for the data and data engineering organization
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- 5+ years of experience in product management
- 5+ years of experience driving data platform development
- Experience building out data strategy, leading a data organization, and partnering with data engineering, analytics and data science teams
- Ability to concisely articulate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Prior experience working at a fintech/ payments company or working with finance teams
- Experienced in building out large data platforms and infrastructure in a compliant and scalable manner
- Payments experience not required but a strong interest in blockchain and Ripple’s mission is preferred
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.