Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning
Please note this is for Toronto, Canada. You only need to apply to one location if there are multiple listed for the job.
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Machine Learning to optimize the way Ripple interacts with digital asset markets. Candidates will partner closely with applied scientists to deliver scalable production machine learning services to solve these liquidity challenges. You will be responsible for the implementation of the infrastructure and tools to create and deploy production models, as well as contributing back to our greater machine learning platform. You will know how the rubber meets the road in deploying models to production, working with real-time data and implementing critical checks. This will ensure we solve business problems in as rigorously as we solve research problems; and that we use models as scientifically as we develop them. Ideal candidates will have a track record of technical excellence in designing, building and delivering reliable solutions as part of a team. As a member of a growing initiative, you must be passionate about inventing and delivering customer-focused solutions to ambitious and ambiguous challenges. You will contribute and maintain production-level code, raising the bar for engineering standards. You can clearly identify feature requirements for solutions, even when problem statements are ambiguous. You are adept at communicating across teams to drive cross-functional alignment and have the ability to think through how markets will adapt to leverage paradigm-shifting technology.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Be an entrepreneurial builder, working up and down the data stack, mixing data engineering, machine learning and software engineering to jumpstart this new initiative.
- Build the platform and tools to enable scalable, auditable, and maintainable machine learning services at Ripple
- Design and implement tools and processes for the entire ML lifecycle including feature generation, model development, model deployment, model serving and experimentation
- Collaborate closely with other Ripple engineers and applied scientists, bringing the benefits of automation and machine learning solutions to our customers
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Degree in computer science or other quantitative field; masters or PhD preferred
- 5+ years software engineering experience with 3+ years developing production machine learning systems
- Experience with Python and Java
- Experience with machine learning frameworks like scikit-learn, TensorFlow, or PyTorch
- Experience with machine learning lifecycle platforms (KubeFlow,MLFlow) and cloud data services (GCP, AWS, Databricks)
- Experience with real-time data a huge plus
- A collaborative coder, comfortable with Git and code reviews
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time Ripple employees. For all Metaco roles, please discuss benefits with your recruiter.
Req ID: 23100