Information Security Manager, Compliance
Please note this is for Toronto, Canada. You only need to apply to one location if there are multiple listed for the job.
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Through our blockchain technology and rapidly growing network of financial institutions, Ripple is improving the global financial system and increasing economic inclusion for more people, in more places around the world. Ripple is looking for passionate Information Security professionals to build a world class Information Security program. As part of the Information Security team, you will help us achieve this mission by actively working to protect our staff, company, and the larger crypto communities we engage with.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Examine, evaluate, and document internal controls based on various security standards (NIST CSF, MAS, ITGC, SOC2, ISO-27001, etc.)
- Lead IT-related audits and examinations conducted by external parties
- Align policies, standards and procedures with compliance objectives
- Prepare metrics and reports for management on the status of GRC objectives
- Evaluate and respond to customer/prospect questions and audits. Assist in aligning compliance reports and public-facing Trust Page to reduce the overall number of customer requests
- Remain up to date on current security laws, regulations and standards
- Represent the GRC Team by participating directly with projects and provide guidance, requirements and documentation for security-related purposes when requested
- Create, evaluate, document and maintain standards, processes and procedures relative to security and privacy
- Engage with management to identify possible resolutions to control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement.
- Perform GRC recurring tasks as required
- Provide consultative guidance and oversight to project teams to design, develop, deploy and sustain solutions that meet compliance requirements, including but not limited to a set of technical deliverables, cost, schedule, quality, and status reporting
- Assist in selecting, configuring and/or administering program via GRC tools
- Assist with building and/or testing integrations and automations with SaaS/IaaS platforms to collect evidence for security audits and monitor for security configurations
- Assist with developing configuration monitoring capabilities for SaaS and IaaS platforms
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field
- 7 years of experience in Information Security with a specialization in one area of GRC
- A broad understanding of security domains
- Experience working with engineering teams to understand issues and prioritize remediations
- Experience with Money Transmitter License (MTL) regulatory standards and audits and ITGC Control audits
- Proficiency with common information security frameworks including SOC2, NIST CSF, and ISO 27001
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across teams
- Demonstrated organizational, project management and documentation skills
- Familiarity and experience with IT/Security/GRC toolset, such as : Jira, Confluence, integrated GRC platforms etc.
- Ability to analyze empirical evidence and technical reports, identify root causes, work with teams to identify solutions to remediate gaps.
- Familiarly with different cloud concepts and tooling including AWS, GCP
- Experience in a remote-first and distributed environment
- Someone willing to adapt to change in a fast moving environment
- Experience with cloud-native pre-IPO startup companies
- Experience with AWS security services and tooling
- Desirable certifications: CISSP, CISA, PMP
Other common names for this role:
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.