Senior Manager, Business Development
Please note this is for Miami, FL. You only need to apply to one location if there are multiple listed for the job.
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Ripple is growing, and we’re looking for a dynamic leader to spearhead growth and develop key partner relationships across Americas. You will identify key relationships to drive volume and build a healthy ecosystem of cross-border payments solutions leveraging blockchain technology and digital assets. Ripple’s vision of an Internet of Value requires building an efficient global payments settlement ecosystem, and On-Demand Liquidity adoption is a core component of making that vision a reality.
The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial and experienced growth professional with business development and strategic partnerships experience, having the ability to think through how markets need to adapt to support potentially paradigm-shifting technology. Candidate’s core skills should be in business development, deal execution, stakeholder management and cross-border payments. Working as part of a global team, candidates will need to be self-starters with the ability to work independently with limited daily direction. Additionally, they should have a large network in the region with important touch points in banking, financial services, payments and have a strong interest in digital assets / crypto markets. Lastly, candidates should have experience working with multiple partners, internally and externally and be capable of building strong relationships with partners and customers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Identify and form relationships with strategic partners in the region ranging from volume partners, banks, digital exchanges and infrastructure opportunities
- Structure, negotiate and execute commercial deals with strategic partners to drive volume and value for Ripple
- Be the primary liaison for our partners and prospects in the region
- Work with the product, product marketing and other cross-functional teams to identify infrastructure partners and use cases for cross-border payments using On-Demand Liquidity and Ripple’s crypto liquidity product
- Collaborate with compliance, legal, and finance to ensure efficient and compliant strategy and deal execution
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 10+ years of business development and strategic partnerships experience
- A good understanding of international payments
- Experienced negotiator who is excited by partnerships and deal-making
- Able to engage effectively at all levels of an organization (both internally and with partners)
- Strong interest in problem-solving, decision making and troubleshooting complex issues with the ability to organize and prioritize work
- Teammate who believes in Ripple’s vision
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Serious attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
- MBA or equivalent preferred
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.