Staff Technical Program Manager, Trading
Please note this is for London, UK. You only need to apply to one location if there are multiple listed for the job.
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
We’re seeking a Staff Technical Program Manager to join our team responsible for how we move, manage, and make liquidity available for our customers across the globe in a cost-effective, robust, and scalable manner. In this initial specific program, you will lead the execution end-to-end focused on building trading and liquidity infrastructure at Ripple. These systems are a key part of Ripple’s strategy to simplify access to crypto and cross-border liquidity for enterprises.
This is a challenging and technical role, requiring the expertise to synthesize business and technical requirements and the foresight to ensure we are solving Ripple’s current and future customer needs. You will work closely with our product and engineering teams to design robust and scalable systems, manage product schedules, remove roadblocks, and ensure high development velocity. Ideal candidates have a track record of seeing around the corner and providing technical leadership to deliver for customers. You must be passionate about enabling the team to invent while owning the delivery of customer-focused solutions to ambitious and ambiguous challenges.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Drive execution across our trading and liquidity infrastructure initiatives by understanding our customers and technology deeply.
- Develop and own strategic projects around resiliency, scalability, and security.
- Setup scalable processes that durably ensure alignment and accountability across all functions involved in the program.
- Reduce ambiguity and risk by proactively identifying and eliminating bottlenecks, escalating strategically, and making sound data-driven decisions that deliver for our customers subject to business and technical trade-offs.
- Contribute to technical design and architecture discussions.
- Build relationships across teams and be able to anticipate, identify and manage dependencies, risks, and issues across multiple teams.
- Communicate with purpose and clarity, bringing together cross-functional teams to achieve program objectives
- Setup programs and practices that foster collaboration and a culture of ownership and operational excellence for teams to be their best.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 8+ years of relevant technical program management and/or software engineering experience.
- Experience leading the definition of technical business requirements and scope across multiple business and engineering teams.
- Detailed-oriented approach coupled with superior communication skills, effectively communicating with cross-functional and multi-level stakeholders.
- Enjoy working in a highly cross-functional, collaborative environment, building relationships, and achieving results without direct reporting relationships.
- Strong sense of responsibility and accountability for delivering high-quality work.
- Master at dealing with ambiguity and simplifying problems
- Familiarity with automated trading systems and the liquidity landscape is a plus
- Familiarity with data analytics and trading data tools in markets is a plus
- Experience coordinating with geographically diverse teams.
- Strong knowledge of project/program management methods and the insight to adjust the methods according to the team’s needs.
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time Ripple employees. For all Metaco roles, please discuss benefits with your recruiter.
Req ID: 23163