Senior Software Engineer
Please note this is for Toronto, Canada. You only need to apply to one location if there are multiple listed for the job.
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
In this role, As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be one of the core engineers within Ripple’s central Data Platform. This team implements the data infrastructure for analytics, machine learning and powering various business functions at Ripple.You are curious about the bottlenecks and failure modes of a system and look for opportunities to continually improve cost/performance characteristics. You are hands-on in driving key technical decisions, ensuring the right tradeoffs are made to deliver high -quality results and deliver high, measurable customer value. You work well across functions and teams, including data science, product, application engineering, compliance, finance and others. Your passion for good engineering is complemented by strong instincts to deliver value.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Highly efficient in shipping solutions to both large and small projects.
- Often provides leadership on projects involving one or more engineers.
- Can handle some ambiguity in requirements and can define and propose solutions for them.
- Writes, presents, and gets agreement on the design document for a project highlighting the architecture, test plan and alternatives considered.
- Owns the development and rollout for a large project.
- Writes clean tech specs and identifies risks before starting major projects.
- Recognizes trade-offs and identifies impact/risks between alternative solutions.
- Improves code structure and architecture in service of testability and maintainability.
- Plays an active role in breaking down initiatives that span multiple sprints and tasks.
- Leads feature development with 1-2 collaborators.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Proficient( 5 - 7 yrs) in at least one primary programming language (e.g. Java, Scala, Python) and comfortable working with SQL
- Ability to write elegant code and comfortable with picking up new technologies independently.
- Enjoy helping teams push the boundaries of analytical insights, creating new product features using data, and powering machine-learning models.
- Have a strong background in developing distributed systems with experience in scalable data pipelines
- Familiar with big data technologies like Spark or Flink and comfortable in engineering data pipelines using big data technologies on financial datasets
- Experience with RESTful APIs and server-side APIs integration
- Highly or conceptually familiar with AWS cloud resources (S3, Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis, Athena, etc.,)
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline orchestration, leveraging Gitlab, Helm, and Terraform
- Experience with administration of Docker or Kubernetes infrastructure
- Appreciate the importance of excellent documentation and data debugging skills.
- Excel at taking vague requirements and crystallizing them into scalable data solutions
- Excited about operating independently, demonstrating excellence, and learning new technologies and framework
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time Ripple employees. For all Metaco roles, please discuss benefits with your recruiter.
Req ID: 23510