Specialist, Global KYC & Due Diligence
Please note this is for San Francisco, CA, United States. You only need to apply to one location if there are multiple listed for the job.
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Ripple is expanding its Global AML & Sanctions Compliance team and seeks to hire an experienced Global KYC & Due Diligence Specialist. This position will be heavily focused on carrying out due diligence to mitigate regulatory, reputational and sanctions risks associated with Ripple’s institutional clients, counterparties and corporate partners to ensure compliance with Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”), Counter-Terrorist Financing, Economic Sanctions regulations such as the Bank Secrecy Act (“BSA”) and USA PATRIOT Act. You will be part of our growing and agile Global Compliance team and responsible for providing due diligence reviews in support of business units throughout the company. This position will report to the Global AML & Sanctions Due Diligence Manager.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Carry out the day-to-day corporate due diligence to support Ripple’s global business engagements.
- Conduct Customer Due Diligence and EDD on prospective customers that onboard to Ripple’s U.S. and non-U.S. wholly owned regulated subsidiaries.
- Conduct Know Your Customer (“KYC”) analysis and risk profiles in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Conduct watchlist and negative news screening and disposition tasks, escalating any items requiring additional attention.
- Collect, synthesize, and analyze data derived from multiple sources, including publicly available databases and websites.
- Identify information gaps and recommend action items to close any gaps identified.
- Clearly summarize, document, and communicate findings and recommended action items in a timely manner to compliance management and/or other internal stakeholders when appropriate.
- Perform periodic due diligence reviews on customers based on their assigned risk scores.
- Assist the Due Diligence Manager in special / ad hoc projects related to the due diligence program.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 3-4 years of AML/OFAC/Sanctions screening experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of AML and OFAC regulations, requirements, and tools
- Strong public data research and report writing skills
- Comfortable executing independently in a team environment with minimal supervision
- An attention to detail and a sense of curiosity
- CAMS certification a plus
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time Ripple employees. For all Metaco roles, please discuss benefits with your recruiter.
Req ID: 23526