Senior Specialist, Global KYC & Due Diligence
Please note this is for New York, NY, United States. You only need to apply to one location if there are multiple listed for the job.
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Ripple is expanding its Global Compliance team and seeks to hire an experienced Senior Due Diligence Specialist. This position will be heavily focused on carrying out and overseeing due diligence to mitigate regulatory, reputational and sanctions risks associated with Ripple’s institutional clients, counterparties and corporate partners to ensure compliance with Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”), Counter-Terrorist Financing, Fraud and Economic Sanctions regulations. You will be part of our growing and agile Global Compliance team and responsible for providing due diligence reviews in support of business units throughout the company. This position reports to the Senior Manager, Global KYC & Due Diligence.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Carry out the day-to-day corporate due diligence to support Ripple’s global business engagements.
- Conduct Customer Due Diligence and Enhanced Due Diligence on prospective customers that onboard to Ripple’s U.S. and non-U.S. subsidiaries.
- Conduct Know Your Customer (“KYC”) analysis and risk profiles in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the regional KYC standards are met by coordinating with regional Compliance leads.
- Perform quality control on onboarding submissions, ensuring accuracy and providing constructive feedback as needed.
- Conduct watchlist and negative news screening and dispositioning tasks, escalating any items requiring additional attention.
- Collect, synthesize, and analyze data derived from multiple sources, including publicly available databases and websites.
- Identify information gaps and recommend action items to close any gaps identified.
- Identify procedural inefficiencies and help develop and drive process improvements.
- Manage incoming requests by prioritizing workflows and assigning as applicable.
- Clearly summarize, document, and communicate findings and recommended action items in a timely manner to compliance management and/or other internal stakeholders when appropriate.
- Provide guidance, clarifications, and answer queries from stakeholders on operational matters.
- Work cross-functionally with teams across the enterprise to address compliance related issues.
- Conduct periodic training on topics ranging from policy and procedures, industry trends, and regulatory updates.
- Perform periodic due diligence reviews on customers based on their assigned risk scores.
- Collaborate closely with client onboarding, technology, legal, and members of the Compliance teams including the regional er Compliance leads.
- Assist the Due Diligence Leadership in strategic/ ad hoc projects related to the due diligence program.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 5-8 years of experience in compliance in financial services, FinTech or cryptocurrency industries, with at least 2 years of experience with KYC, due diligence and OFAC sanctions screening
- Well versed with AML, sanctions, money transmission, and virtual currencies regulations, and industry best practices
- Demonstrated knowledge in Sanctions screening utilizing systems such as LexisNexis, WorldCheck, RDC, and Google
- Experience with and/or keen interest in cryptocurrency and blockchain
- Strong written/verbal communication, both internally and externally Good presentation skills, multitasking capability, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent research, analytical, and due diligence skills
- Comfortable executing independently in a team environment with minimal supervision
- An attention to detail and a sense of curiosity
- Professional certifications (e.g. CAMS, CFCS, CFE, and CCAS) a plus
Other common names for this role:
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: in-office collaboration for moments that matter is important to our culture, and we give managers and teams the flexibility to decide which days they come in.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.
Req ID: 23541