Manager - Corporate Development
Please note this is for San Francisco, CA, United States. You only need to apply to one location if there are multiple listed for the job.
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
The Corporate Development team oversees decisions around deploying capital to grow the company through strategic investments and acquisitions across cryptocurrency, fintech and software. We are looking to add a high performing professional who can help the team execute on this global mandate.
The ideal candidate has a passion for the cryptocurrency industry, is rigorous in their analysis, methodical, creative, and thorough in their problem-solving approach, and can easily build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Conduct research and summarize findings to enable the team to develop unique perspectives on key categories and companies in the crypto ecosystem, and curate related research and market intelligence, identifying critical shifts and evolving trends and communicate their implications to be at the forefront of new developments.
- Engage with the broader organization (product, engineering, marketing, etc.) to further qualify opportunities and refine our areas of strategic interest.
- Develop perspectives on key competitors, relative strengths and weaknesses, and implications for our business.
- Support the execution of acquisitions by helping the team to define our needs, develop a market landscape with target companies, engage prospects, develop business cases, engage in due diligence and deal execution and support integration in partnership with finance, accounting, tax, legal, compliance, business, product, engineering, people and other departments at Ripple.
- Establish strong relationships externally with the crypto and blockchain community of entrepreneurs and investors.
- Track new opportunities and manage the pipeline.
- Perform backtesting of investment performance for achievement against ingoing investment thesis.
- Ad-hoc qualitative and quantitative analyses for strategic planning, investing and integration efforts.
- Partner with Business Development to forge alliances that promote Ripple’s product and service offerings.
- Take an opportunity from inception to completion, owning the process from sourcing to due diligence to execution.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- 3+ years of experience in corporate development or related fields such as investment banking, management consulting ideally in the corporate finance practice or an area with substantial exposure to related topics, and/or venture capital
- Experience executing deal workflows and post-deal integrations
- Experience working on multiple deals at once through all phases
- Experience working within teams with team leadership a plus
- Strong experience developing financial modeling such as market data models, three-statement analysis and valuation
- Intellectual rigor
- Strong communication skills; verbal, written, and presentational
- Comfort operating in white space where there is no playbook and proven ability to contribute to creative solutions and deal structures
- Strong understanding of blockchain technology and traditional financial services
- High attention to detail
- Proactive, energetic and collaborative
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time Ripple employees. For all Metaco roles, please discuss benefits with your recruiter.
Req ID: 23555