Visual Experience Design Intern (Summer 2024)
Please note this is for San Francisco, CA, United States. You only need to apply to one location if there are multiple listed for the job.
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
Design Internship: Visual Experience Designer
At Ripple we are transforming the world of finance with an innovative blockchain solution that increases access to financial services to people around the world. We’re looking for a designer who has a strong brand-focused portfolio, a critical eye for detail and a desire to learn. As a Visual Experience Design intern, you’ll be collaborating with the design team and their partners on a variety of projects from branding, web and event design.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Support the design and extension of the brand design system
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to execute designs
- Create graphics and marketing collateral consistent with our brand language
- Express design capabilities in diverse ways from brand, interactive, motion, etc.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Portfolio of work featuring strong brand, interactive and typographic designs
- Good communicator and team player
- High energy and positive can-do attitude
- Effective time management
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Expert knowledge of typography and grid systems
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Figma or Sketch
- A desire and eagerness to learn and share with others
- 1-2 years of work experience or previous internship experience a plus
- Knowledge with motion graphics and animation a plus
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Regionally competitive pay and a one-time cash stipend
- Exposure to the crypto-currency and digital asset space!
- A hands-on learning environment where you can dive into the latest technologies and engineering principles
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages & coffee drinks
- Catered lunches in office 2x week
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more
- A collaborative work environment with deeply experienced cryptographers, security experts, Silicon Valley and Wall Street veterans
- The opportunity to help change the way the world transacts
Who We Are:
Ripple provides one frictionless experience to send money globally using the power of blockchain. By joining Ripple’s growing, global network (RippleNet), financial institutions can process their customers’ payments anywhere in the world instantly, reliably and cost-effectively. Banks and payment providers can use the digital asset XRP to further reduce their costs and access new markets.
With offices in San Francisco, New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai, Ripple has more than 300 customers around the world.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work from home, from our offices, or a combination of the two around our centers of gravity (15 global offices).
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time Ripple employees. For all Metaco roles, please discuss benefits with your recruiter.
Req ID: 23649