Senior Scala Developer
Please note this is for Geneva, Switzerland. You only need to apply to one location if there are multiple listed for the job.
At Ripple, we’re building a world where value moves like information does today. It’s big, it’s bold, and we’re already doing it. Through our crypto solutions for financial institutions, businesses, governments and developers, we are improving the global financial system and creating greater economic fairness and opportunity for more people, in more places around the world. And we get to do the best work of our career and grow our skills surrounded by colleagues who have our backs.
If you’re ready to see your impact and unlock incredible career growth opportunities, join us, and build real world value.
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2015 in Switzerland, Metaco is an enterprise technology company whose mission is to enable financial and non-financial institutions to securely build their digital asset operations. The company’s core product, Harmonize™, is a mission-critical orchestration platform for digital assets. From asset-agnostic custody and trading to tokenization, staking and smart contract management, the platform seamlessly connects institutions to the broad universe of decentralized finance and Web3 decentralized applications.
Metaco has established itself as the institutional standard for digital asset infrastructure, trusted by the world’s largest global custodians, banks, regulated exchanges, and corporates. Its software and technology solutions enable institutions to store, trade, issue and manage any type of digital asset – such as crypto and digital currencies, digital securities, non-fungible tokens (NFTs) – with the highest possible security and agility.
We are seeking a Scala developer to join our custody team in Lausanne, Switzerland.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work with complex technologies where solutions are to be created, expect challenges,
- Build scalable and distributed applications in Scala for the backend of Harmonize,
- Write functional Scala using mostly ZIO library,
- Interact with the different teams, including software architects, frontend and backend developers, product owners and designers,
- Analyze different blockchains protocols and understand their specificities,
- Apply latest cryptographic primitives in the context of blockchains and secure components,
- Coordinate synchronous and asynchronous communication driven by blockchains events,
- Work with an heavily tested code base,
- Actively participate in code reviews so that code delivered by you and your team is of great quality,
- Collaborate closely with support, QA and operations teams,
- Work partly in remote.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, equivalent practical engineering experience is a reasonable substitute,
- 4+ year of experience with Scala frameworks and libraries such as ZIO, Tapir, Cats, Akka, Doobie, http4s,
- 2+ year of experience with distributed systems, asynchronous messaging and event driven technologies,
- Strong knowledge of SQL, ideally PostgreSQL,
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills, especially in a cloud environment,
- Nice to have knowledge of:
- gRPC and Protobuf,
- Blockchain technology,
- Bytes manipulation.
Other Common Names: Software Engineer, Senior Software Engineer, Scala Engineer, Developpeur
WHO WE ARE:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: in-office collaboration for moments that matter is important to our culture, and we give managers and teams the flexibility to decide which days they come in.
- Weekly all-company meeting - business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team offsites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Competitive benefits that cover physical and mental healthcare, retirement, family forming, and family support
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Generous vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.
Req ID: 24031