“Web3 technology…[is] giving power back to the hands of the creators.”
That’s according to RippleX Vice President of Growth Markus Infanger, who welcomes the newest creators to join Ripple’s Creator Fund. Announced today, the second wave of partners is focused on entertainment NFT projects and aims to unlock new tokenization use cases on the XRP Ledger (XRPL).
This diverse group of independent creators is building functional use cases for gaming, music, media and the metaverse on the XRPL. From a streaming music show in Japan to a marketplace for sports clubs to a daily podcast covering crypto news, these projects all leverage the XRPL’s inherent speed, cost and sustainability advantages as well as its coming NFT capabilities like built-in royalty structures and co-ownership.
Unlocking the Future of Tokenization
Ripple’s Creator Fund is a $250 million commitment to fostering innovation in tokenization, facilitating the creation of functional NFTs on the XRPL in arenas like real estate, media, carbon credits and more.
The Creator Fund provides financial, creative and technical support to help NFT creators bring their projects to life on the XRPL, stretch the bounds of what’s possible and explore new use cases for NFTs. Through the Creator Fund, Ripple hopes to accelerate the future of tokenization led by a new generation of creators:
- 9LEVEL9: A metaverse experience that provides a unique “front row seat” to live and virtual concerts, productions, conferences, and award shows through NFT tickets.
- Anifie: A Japanese metaverse music show that provides customizable NFT avatars and digital apparel that will soon be secondary mint enabled on the XRP Ledger.
- Capital Block: A leading Web 3 destination for sports club fans around the world to purchase digital assets and access exclusive content, games, and Web 3 rewards.
- Cross-Metaverse Avatars: An avatar tool to design and mint one-of-a-kind, cross-metaverse NFT avatars by mixing traits from fan-favorite NFT projects and brands.
- NFT Master: The first XRPL marketplace that will enable creators to upload videos and get paid instantly using the XRP Ledger or use their issued NFTs as a streaming pass.
- SYFR Projects: An IP production company for artists complete with innovative music and video agreements that can be digitized as smart agreements on the XRP Ledger.
- Thinking Crypto: An NFT project that will allow holders to access exclusive interviews with top crypto leaders in the space.
Unleashing Functional NFTs with the XRPL
Creator Fund recipients can take advantage of the XRPL as a fast, low-cost, carbon-neutral blockchain purpose-built for use cases like payments, DeFi and more. Its native token functionality, ease of use and built-in royalties all enable value to move at scale—without the need for Layer-2 protocols or smart contracts.
The NFT-Devnet released in January adds to the value-proposition for creators by pre-programing key NFT requirements like minting, burning and trading on the XRPL. Importantly, the XRPL is much more efficient than other proof-of-work blockchains and is the first major blockchain to be carbon-neutral, enabling NFTs to be created and transacted sustainably.
Taken together, these features and benefits make the XRPL the clear blockchain of choice for NFT creators and utility-based NFTs.
To date, more than 5,000 applications have been submitted by creators seeking to participate in Ripple’s Creator Fund. Applications for Wave 3 will be accepted later this year. For more information, visit https://ripple.com/creatorfund/.