At Ripple, we’ve always pledged our commitment to helping build XRP liquidity and a healthy and trusted market. Without question, we are huge fans.
XRP is uniquely set apart. Proven faster (seconds vs. minutes), more scalable (1,500 transactions per second) and less costly (fractions of a penny) than other digital assets, XRP is ideally suited for removing friction from global payments.
While we are laser-focused on furthering this specific use case, XRP is much bigger than Ripple. Recall that the XRP Ledger was created before the formation of Ripple and has always been and will always be an open-source project that exists independently of the company.
Like all open-sourced, decentralized technology — it’s powered by a growing community. XRP’s diverse community consists of financial institutions, exchanges, wallets, validators, educators, developers, market makers, enthusiasts, entrepreneurs and more.
Much of this group will be in New York City for Blockchain Week next month. As special thanks to those who are building liquidity, validating transactions, developing on the XRP Ledger, looking to xRapid as a liquidity solution and sharing the good word about XRP’s many benefits, we’re hosting a special night.
This VIP gathering will feature a live music performance by Snoop Dogg. While this is an invite-only event, we will offer 10 tickets via Twitter over the coming weeks.
Together, let’s raise a glass to celebrate the passion, focus and innovation of the XRP community and the revolutionary nature of the technology behind it!
How to Win
To win a ticket to XRP Community night, we invite you to participate in two @Ripple contests this month.
- Twitter Trivia: 4pm PST on Thursday, April 26
- Make the Meme: 3:30pm PST on Wednesday, May 2 to 3:30pm PST on Thursday, May 3
We ask that you carefully read and follow the rules for each contest to be eligible to win.
Please note this is a private event. Tickets can not be purchased, and we will limit admission to those on the invite list and our contest winners. Please note this does not include travel.
Twitter Trivia Rules
- Twitter trivia begins promptly at 4pm PST on Thursday, April 26.
- We will share three questions via @Ripple and ask the community to respond with their answers before 5pm PST.
- To be eligible, you must answer all three question in a single tweet, mention @Ripple and include #XRPCommunity in your response.
- You will have only one chance to respond; your first tweet will be considered your entry.
- The first eight participants to get all three answers to trivia questions correct will win one ticket to XRP Community Night.
- We will DM you at 6pm PST on Thursday, April 26 if you are a winner, and you will have 12 hours to respond confirming your acceptance of the ticket and your ability to join us at XRP Community night.
- We will publicly announce all eight winners at 4pm PST on Friday, April 27.
Make the Meme Rules
- Make the meme runs for 24-hour period starting at 3:30pm PST on Wednesday, May 2 and ending at 3:30pm PST on Thursday, May 3.
- We will share two images and prompts, and ask the community to create captions for each image.
- To be eligible, you must include the prompt to which you’re responding (“p1” or “p2”), mention @Ripple and include #XRPCommunity in your response.
- You will have only one chance to respond to each prompt; your first tweet for each will be considered your entry.
- We will select the best caption for each of the two images, and the two participants responsible for them will each win one free ticket to XRP Community Night.
- We will DM you at 6pm PST on Thursday, May 3 if you are a winner, and you will have 12 hours to respond confirming your acceptance of the ticket and your ability to join us at XRP Community night.
- We will publicly announce the two winners at 4pm PST on Friday, May 4.
- We will also share the finalists’ memes via @Ripple and credit their handle following the contest.