How to Buy XRP
As part of Ripple’s XRP incentive program, Bitstamp will offer XRP trading with 0% fees from January 17, 2017 – February 10, 2017 and a reduced fee schedule until the end of April.
To get started with Bitstamp, please follow the below instructions. Kraken users may find instructions here.
Note: Bitstamp is a business that is wholly independent of Ripple. Ripple does not endorse Bitstamp, nor does Ripple make any representations or warranties with respect to Bitstamp’s services. It is advisable to always conduct your own due diligence before trusting your money to any third party.
The following general instructions are provided solely by Ripple, independent of Bitstamp. Please be aware that the tools and UI provided by Bitstamp, as described below, could potentially change without notice.
HOW TO BUY XRP ON BITSTAMP (XRP/EUR and XRP/USD trading pairs)
To purchase XRP you will first need to open and verify your Bitstamp account. When the account verification is successfully completed, you will be able to deposit funds and purchase XRP. To make things easier for you, we have prepared a short guide. Please follow these simple steps.
OPEN BITSTAMP ACCOUNT
1. To open a Bitstamp account visit: https://www.bitstamp.net/account/register/
2. Enter your information. An email with username and password will be sent to your registered email address.
3. Use the provided user name and password to login to your newly created Bitstamp account: https://www.bitstamp.net/account/login/
4. Change the password as prompted upon login.
5. For additional security, we recommend you enable two-factor authentication: https://www.bitstamp.net/account/security/two-factor-authentication/
VERIFY BITSTAMP ACCOUNT
1. To submit a verification request visit: https://www.bitstamp.net/account/verify/
2. Enter the required information and upload your documents. Click SUBMIT VERIFICATION REQUEST to proceed.
3. Verification request is now submitted. We will review it and send the results to your registered email address.
4. If you require further assistance with account verification, please open a support ticket here: https://www.bitstamp.net/support/
5. Once successfully verified, you will be able to deposit funds and purchase XRP.
1. To deposit funds visit: https://www.bitstamp.net/account/deposit/
2. Select the preferred bank transfer method in the left-side menu (SEPA or International wire).
3. Fill out the required information and press DEPOSIT to proceed.
4. On the next page our banking details will be provided. To deposit funds to your Bitstamp account, please send the transfer to the provided bank account from a bank account held in your name.
5. When the funds are credited to your Bitstamp balance, you will receive a notification to your registered email address. You can check your account balance here: https://www.bitstamp.net/account/balance/
6. Now you are ready to purchase XRP.
1. First you will need to select the correct market (XRP/USD or XRP/EUR), depending on which fiat currency you wish to use to purchase XRP.
2. Visit the »Buy/Sell« section: https://www.bitstamp.net/market/order/instant/
3. Choose »BUY XRP«. Enter the USD or EUR amount you wish to spend into the »I want to spend« window. Click Buy XRP to confirm.
How to Buy XRP using Kraken
This article explains how to buy XRP on Kraken, a Bitcoin exchange. Kraken trades multiple currencies, including fiat currencies such as EUR, CAD, USD, GBP, JPY and digital assets such as Bitcoin (XBT) and Ether (ETH). For more information about Kraken, visit their website.
Note: Kraken is a business that is wholly independent of Ripple. Ripple does not endorse Kraken, nor does Ripple make any representations or warranties with respect to Kraken’s services. It is advisable to always conduct your own due diligence before trusting your money to any third party.
The following general instructions are provided solely by Ripple, independent of Kraken. Please be aware that the tools and UI provided by Kraken, as described below, could potentially change without notice.
To buy XRP through Kraken, you first need to buy XBT which you can then use to buy XRP. To buy XRP, complete the following steps:
1. Go to https://www.kraken.com/signup and create an account. After you enter your information and click Sign Up, Kraken sends you an email to verify your account.
2. Activate your Kraken account by clicking the link in the email or copying and pasting the activation key in Kraken’s account activation page.
3. Verify your account by going to Account > Get Verified on the Kraken website. To make bank deposits required to buy XRP, Kraken requires Tier 2 customer verification. This means providing customer identification information, such as your name, phone number, and address. (Note: In some jurisdictions, Tier 3 verification is required to make bank deposits. Tier 3 verification requires uploading a valid government-issued photo ID and proof of residence documentation.)
4. After you verify your account, deposit funds to your Kraken account by going to Account > Funding > Deposit and selecting the type of deposit. For more information about making deposits, see the Kraken Support Center.
a. Place an order to buy XBT by going to Account > Trade > New Order
b. Select the currency pair with the fiat currency that matches the currency of your deposit. Make sure you select the correct currency pair. The currency pair you select determines which currencies are bought and sold. For example, if you select GBP/XBT, clicking Buy means that you buy GBP and sell XBT. With the same currency pair, clicking Sell means that you sell GBP and buy XBT. For more information about trading on Kraken, see Trading Basics available in the Kraken Support Center.
c. In the New Order tab, select the Simple interface and place a Buy order for XBT.
d. Enter the amount of XBT that you want to buy. You can choose to buy at the current market rate or place a limit order.
5. To buy XRP with your XBT:
a. Select the XRP/XBT from the currency pair drop-down menu.
b. In the New Order tab, select the Simple interface and place a Buy order for XRP.
c. Enter the amount of XRP you want to buy and submit your order.